Friday, October 13, 2006

Zen and then some

The lover of Asian things in me is ecstatic with the new things that have arrived in the one day I was out of the store!

We received magnet hematite stones and stone offering bowls.

We also received elemental candles with the Chinese symbols for the elements (earth/air/fire/water) and zen gardens of all styles, even some with little Buddhas. They are perfect for little meditation spaces like the one I have at home!

AND we received a ton of new calendars.

We were very busy here at the store setting up the new displays, as well as preparing for the Con*cept Convension that we will be at for the weekend. I hope it goes well there for us. I will be there tomorrow instead of in the store.

I read the Pretty in Pink blog that Roo put up and got to see all the infos on the Shave to Save that she is doing. I really commend her for this. It is a great cause. I now have my little ribbon. I am encouraging everyone to donate. We need to raise $2000. Come help support her and this cause.

Tonight the French CMS class is going on. It is the first time I get to overhear it! I am so proud of Nathalie for taking on this challenge. There is so little available in French for learning Wicca and Paganism. They are learning elements and some energy work today.

So back to this ZEN thing. We have wonderfully scented ZEN incense. The blend is subtle and great for meditation. In this very busy world, it is important to occasionally take some time for just you to sit and relax. Be ZEN. Meditate. BE! We often forget to take some time for us in our rush rush lives.

Take a ZEN moment in these simple ways:
- sit and drink tea in silence
- watch the sun rise
- sit in bed with some incense burning and the lights out for 5 min, letting your head clear
- give someone a long long hug

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments: