Thursday, October 19, 2006

Beware the beasties!..and a fundraising update!

I came in to the store this morning to find that one (or all) of the cats had torn into a bag of catnip and spread it all over the floor. Tequila was rolling about in it merrily until I shooed him away to sweet up the mess, and Little Kitty has been zipping across the store frantically. Knicky, on the other hand, has been entirely zen about the whole thing, dozing comfortably by the water fountain. Very funny to watch the three of them.

I have great news! I'm a third of the way to my fundraising goal of $2000 for Breast Cancer Research. It's not too late to get in your donations. I'll be collecting everything up by the 29th, so that I have it counted and prepared to hand in for when I go to get shaved on the morning of the 30th. (I think it bothers me more that I have to get up so early that day then it does that I'm getting my head shaved!)

As an incentive, we're offering free packs of our mystery blend incense for every donation of $5 or more. A donation of $5 or more gets you a pink ribbon as well.

PLUS, my loverly co-worker Sam has come up with a contest, too. There will be a jar of pink M&Ms on the counter as of this weekend. For a donation (amount to be determined), you may enter the contest to guess how many M&Ms are in the jar, and on the 29th, it will be revealed who is closest to the correct number, thereby winning the jar of yummy chocolates. And, clever Sam, the pink M&Ms are also a part of the Breast Cancer Awareness month, so even the proceeds of buying them gave money to the cause.

No comments: