Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Samhian and media attention +++

Well the interviews thus far have been great. On Thursday last week, I was interviewd by Global as one of the 5-part episodes they are doing for this Halloween week. Hobbes from the MPRC was interviewed by a French McGill newspaper that same day. On Sunday he was aired on CBC radio for yet another interview.

Yesterday I was invaded by a HUGE class from Dawson College for an introduction to Wicca and Paganism. I was so nervous because I had no idea what to expect or what to do do. I had no idea if it was an interview or a tour or a guest lecture or what. I had the opportunity to take them into the classroom for 20min for Wicca & Paganism 101 CONDENSED! They were a great group!

Today a different class (same teacher) is coming in for yet the same as yesterday, however i am alone on the floor so they will unfortunately not get the amazing condensed lecture that the first group got. *sigh* I still have no idea what I will say or what they hope to learn from the xpereince. I hope they are as interested/interesting and understanding as yesterday's class. I have to manage the store at the same time as they are here.

Then next Thursday I meet a student for an interview at Loyola. And... I have recommended that one of the Dawson students come Thursday night to talk to Hobbes for her paper.

This has been a busy Halloween with media and interviews and such, busier than last year!

And we had fun dressing up all weekend too!
Have a happy and safe Halloween and Samhain!

No comments: