With this mini upsurge in pregnancies I've had quite a few customers ask me how they can protect the new baby in their lives. The biggest problem with this is that you need to be careful with what you give a newborn and also it's difficult to explain to a young child how or why what you are doing will protect them from those awful nightmares or that monster under the bed.
But if there is one thing that children instinctively understand it is the power of stuffed animals. Stuffies (as my family calls them) are perfectly designed to become what we call in the magical community fetishes, that is, a receptacle for a spirit. All it takes is a little bit of love and a little bit of personification and there you go: you have a magical object with its own little soul. Of course, for this we want to program that stuffy soul to be a guardian and protector of our little ones. Here's how you can do it, and how I did it for my yet unborn niece:
The first part of this spell is to find a stuffed animal that both speaks to you and represents protection to you. Some good protection animals are bears, lions or panthers, dogs, dragons, wolves among others. Once you have your stuffy it is important to treat it like a living being. Talk to it, hug it, love it, explain its duties to it, put it in a place of honor while you get the rest of the spell together.
You will need:
- Malachite (for protecting children)
- Obsidian (for psychic protection)
- Rose Quartz (for love)
- Howlite (to combat nightmares and for reducing stress)
- Spring Water
- Orris Root
- (Any other protective herbs you feel like adding)
- Guardian Protector Candle or a black candle with Guardian and Protection oil on it.
- Place the stones and herbs in a bowl with water. Soak on a windowsill for an evening and a morning.
- Carve the candle with the name of the child and some affirmations and/or prayers naming the stuffed animal as the child's protector and for the child's safety and love.
- Place the candle in the bowl with the water, herbs and stones. Place the stuffy nearby (but obviously far enough away not to get singed.)
- Light the candle and imagine the energy flowing into the stuffy.
- When the candle is burned down, take the stones out of the water, dry them off and sew them into the stuffed animal.
- Hold the stuffed animal in your arms, look at it tin the eyes and explain to it its duties: that it is to keep the child safe, happy and loved.
- Give the stuffy to the child. If they are over two years old, tell them the stuffy is going to protect them from bad dreams and monsters.